Friday, November 23, 2007

Good Morning, Beautiful

Greetings.

This will be my home for the time being until I can get my own URL set up. Hello to everyone who has followed me over here from FDL.

Things suddenly reached an impasse at the Lake. Increasingly, I was finding that my tendency to speak my mind and damn the consequences was running counter to the goals of a high-traffic group blog. FDL is going to be heading into an exciting new phase of its existence and I wish them nothing but the best.

Meanwhile, I will be doing my thing solo for the time being and it's going to be a huge relief to know that my successes and failures will not be potentially affecting the lives and careers of the great group of people that Jane and Christy have brought together at Firedoglake. I'm not sure that I was ever really cut out for representing a group and the only thing that I regret at this point is that so much of the FDL people's time over the last couple of years had to be spent tamping down the controversies and hostilities that my writing brought on the collective.

I will try to maintain the same nightly schedule that I became accustomed to at FDL and hope that you guys can find the time to come and visit me here. I hope your Thanksgiving was full of warmth, love, and comfort and that you're looking forward to the holidays as much as I am.

I think we're going to have a lot of fun here, you and I. Watch this space.